Asparagus, Burrata & Prosciutto Salad
There are few things I love more for spring than a super bright, fresh salad. This burrata, asparagus, and prosciutto salad is the perfect appetizer spread for a crowd. but is also hearty enough to eat as a weeknight meal. Creamy burrata is topped with delicious basil pesto and layered on top of roasted asparagus, salty prosciutto, perfectly sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh melon balls. The salad is served with a side of warm, crusty bread that is perfect for scooping up your favorite combination of ingredients. There are so many layers of flavor in this dish and possible combinations to try with each bite!
It's also SUPER quick and easy to throw together! I can see this being a regular meal this summer on the patio for sure! You can find all the ingredients and instructions below- let me know what you think!
· 24 asparagus spears, woody ends snapped off
· 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
· juice of 1 lemon
· 1 tbsp runny honey
· 1 clove garlic, finely chopped salt and pepper to taste
· 150g prosciutto ham (about 12 slices), torn
· 70g rocket
· 200g fresh burrata (available at delis), torn into 6 equal pieces, or 2 x 125g buffalo-mozzarella balls
· Cherry tomtoes
· 2 tbsp of fresh fresh pesto
1. Bring a frying pan filled with just 1cm of water to the boil. Add the asparagus in a single layer and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Remove from the pan with tongs and plunge briefly into a bowl of ice-cold water. Drain.
2. To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic and pesto in a small bowl and season to taste.
3. Arrange the asparagus spears, prosciutto and nearly all the rocket on a serving platter. Dot the torn burrata or mozzarella balls over the top with the cherry tomatoes and freshly scooped melon balls. Scatter over the remaining rocket and drizzle with the dressing just before serving.
GET AHEAD The asparagus can be cooked a day in advance and stored in the fridge, but avoid serving it fridge-cold by removing it 30 minutes before eating. Assemble the salad and dress immediately before serving.