Get that Garden Growing!
Updated: Sep 10, 2018
Spring is here and so is your September gardening checklist, to get your Property looking beautiful now that Winter is over.
After the winter months, your garden is probably in need of a bit of TLC. If you are thinking about putting your property on the market, then having a good old garden clean out can really add value and create a great first impression to potential buyers. September is a good time of year to get stuck in and plant for favorites for the coming spring and summer period. I have created, along with the help of Palmers, a Check list to help get things underway.
· Complete your vegetable garden preparation by digging in plenty of compost. Tip: if you don’t have your own homemade compost ready to use, you can get bags from your local garden store.
· Sow your favorite vege seeds, into a seedling tray, so they are ready for planting later. It is the best time to be sowing Lettuce, Leeks, Cabbage, and Eggplant. Or you can sow Carrots, Beetroot, Silverbeet, Tomato, Capsicum, Courgette, Cucumber, Pumpkin, Celery and peas directly into your garden.
· Make sure you protect the new seedlings from Slugs and Snails with your preferred pellets
· Refresh your herb garden with new plants or sow your favorite herb seeds for summer harvest.
· Feed berry vines, citrus and fruit trees with fertilizer.
· Prune Passionfruit vines and Feijoas to help encourage new growth and fruiting.
· Plant Strawberries, Blueberries and Rhubarb for delicious crumbles and smoothies
· Sow your favorite summer flower seeds in to seedling trays, including Alyssum, Begonia, Californian Poppy, Celosia, Cosmos, Dahlia, Gazania, Gerbera, Impatiens, Petunia, Viscaria and Wallfower.
· Plant favourite flowering annuals directly into your garden, including, Calendula, Chrysanthemum, Delphinium, Forget-me-not, Hollyhock, Marigold, Polyanthus, Primula and Pansies. Tip: Pansies are in fact edible and make a beautiful addition to salads or on top of cakes.
· Now is the time to plant Dahlia tubers and Gladioli Corms for their spectacular summer display.
· Plant new Perennials like Lavender, Agapanthus, Canna lilies, Fuchsia and Geraniums.
· Complete pruning of Fuchsias, Hydrangeas, Hibiscus and other flowering shrubs by removing any diseased, dead or damaged branches.
· Plant hanging baskets and terracotta pots up for a bright and cherry summer display
Lawns and Hedges
· Now is the perfect time to trim up overgrown hedges.
· Sow new lawns and dress existing ones.
#aimeedillonblog #aimeedillonrealestate #aimeedillonlifestyle #auckland #newzealand #mairangibay #eastcoastbays #campbellsbay #milford #takapuna #castorybay #murrysbay #devonport #rothsaybay #brownsbay #torbay #longbay #lifestyle #realestatenz #realestatenorthshore #healthyliving #cleaneating #carrots #vegetables