Mouth Watering Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts
I feel like brussels sprouts are one of those foods that people either love or despise. Which side do you fall on? I absolutely adore them, and like to prepare them a bunch of different ways. My personal favorite is pan-fried, combined with some crumbled bacon, and topped with Parmesan cheese.
I’ve talked with non-brussels sprouts lovers and I’ve heard that they’re really turned off by the look of them once they’ve been cooked. I admit they’re not the prettiest girl in school – but they have a great personality! I’ll take something that’s less than Pinterest-perfect that tastes amazing over something that looks flawless and tastes like garbage. Wouldn’t you? Of course you would, because you’re a logical and wonderful human being.
· 2 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
· 350g fresh brussels sprouts, rinsed and halved lengthwise
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
1. Cook bacon, let cool and crumble. Set aside.
2. In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and butter.
3. Once butter is melted, add minced garlic and stir constantly for a minute.
4. Add brussels sprouts, cut side down, in a single layer. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
5. Add crumbled bacon, stir lightly, and cover to cook another 5 minutes (without stirring) or until brussels sprouts are fork tender.
6. Add salt and/or pepper to taste and serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Yes it is that quick and easy!!